ĄConozca sus derechos de la vivienda justa! Hablamos espaņol. Llamenos al numero gratis 1-866-438-8617
The Lexington Fair Housing Council is a full-service,
nonprofit civil rights agency committed to eradicating
discrimination in housing. The Fair Housing Council enforces
the federal Fair Housing Act, the Kentucky Fair Housing Act,
and the fair housing laws of Lexington-Fayette Urban County.
The Lexington Fair Housing Council is the only private
nonprofit fair housing agency in Kentucky and investigates
complaints throughout the Commonwealth.
The Lexington Fair Housing Council does not charge for its
services. If you have experienced discrimination in your
search for a home, homeowners or renters insurance, or
mortgage financing, call the Lexington Fair Housing Council at
(859) 971-8067. Outside of Lexington, call our offices
toll-free at (866) 438-8617.
Lexington Fair Housing Council
Thank you for another successful fair housing month
All supplemental information can be found on the "News" tab. As always, if you have comments, questions, or concerns please go to the "Contact Us" tab.
Join Our Team
The Lexington Fair Housing Council (LFHC) is recruiting applicants for an AmeriCorps position.
LFHC is a non-profit civil rights agency which provides free legal assistance to victims of housing discrimination throughout Kentucky. LFHC is partnering with the Homeless and Housing Coalition of Kentucky (HHCK) to offer this service opportunity through the BuildCorps program.
The AmeriCorps member will conduct intakes and provide case management services for individuals and families experiencing housing discrimination. The member will also assist with some professional trainings, outreach, and community education on local, state, and federal fair housing law. The position will begin September 1, 2014 and end August 30, 2015.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional or academic background related to issues of housing and civil rights
- Direct service experience in social work or human services
- Strong communication skills, empathy, and compassion
- Capacity to work well with others while being independently motivated
- Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with disabilities
- Ability to maintain clients' privacy and confidentiality
- Computer skills and internet literacy
- Spanish fluency helpful
(1) Please email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Ms. Kyle Chafin at email@example.com
(2) Follow further online application instructions at the HHCK website: http://www.hhck.org/?page_id=59
No phone calls, please.
Compensation includes: $12,100 living allowance; healthcare benefits; student loan deferment; childcare benefits, if eligible; and $5,550 education award upon successful completion of service.