2018 Fair Housing Conference
Thursday, April 26, 2018
8:45AM – 5:00PM
The Lexington Fair Housing Council is excited for Fair Housing Month 2018 as it marks the 50th anniversary of the passage of the original Fair Housing Act in 1968. So much has changed in 50 years, and so much work remains to be undertaken. With that spirit in mind, we are hosting our first ever all-day fair housing conference on April 26, 2018, in Louisville, KY. Housing providers, landlords, renters, social service providers, housing advocates, and city and state leaders are all encouraged to attend our conference to learn about a plethora of issues that affect Kentucky residents’ access to obtain and keep housing.
Oh, and did we mention…. this conference is 100% free for you to attend? Yes!
**Registration is now CLOSED for the conference**
This year’s conference will feature fair housing champions who will speak to the work they’ve done and what they see as the most pressing fair housing issues today. Additionally, we are collaborating with experts to organize several morning breakout groups for attendees to learn more about specialized issues that are most relevant to you.
These breakout groups will cover:
- Working with tenants who are refugees
- Learn how to challenge biases & micro-aggressions
- Understanding Kentucky’s new leasing protections for domestic violence survivors
- How to handle requests for support & service animals
We look forward to everyone joining us on what we feel will be a momentous occasion that will help further the fair housing cause for all Kentuckians.
|8:00AM - 8:45AM||Registration|
|8:45AM - 10:00AM||Morning Plenary|
|10:00AM - 10:10AM||BREAK|
|10:10AM - 11:10AM||Breakout Session #1|
|11:10AM - 11:20AM||BREAK|
|11:20AM - 12:20PM||Breakout Session #2|
|12:20PM - 2:00PM||Luncheon Program &
|2:00PM - 5:00PM||Fair Housing Training|
- Please note that conference check-in is from 8:00AM – 8:45AM. The welcome will begin promptly at 8:45AM.
- As this will be an all-day conference, lunch will be provided to the first 200 conference registrants.
- The conference location is:
University of Louisville, ShelbyHurst Campus
Founders Union Building
9001 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, KY 40222 (map)